WMUR (ABC Affiliate), Manchester, NHMay 2016 – Present
- Reports breaking news with high energy compelling live shots
- Generates leads for stories and files reports assigned by the news desk.
- Writes enterprising copy on tight deadlines.
- Covers several stories at once
NEWS 12 NETWORKS, Westchester, NYOctober 2014 – May 2016
- Won Sigma Delta Chi Team Award for special reporter of “Tragedy on the Tracks”
- Regularly covered breaking news.
- Worked on multiple stories in a day and created enterprising copy for each story
- Cultivated relationships in Westchester and surrounding counties to generate story leads.
POPE PRODUCTIONS, New York, NYDecember 2013 – Present
- Creates video and digital content for web and television outlets.
- Hosts, writes, reports, edits produces short-form stories for independent companies.
- Red carpet host for movie premieres, awards galas, and charity functions.
- Manages production contracts, schedules, crews and budgets.
THE POSITIVE CONTROVERSY with KRISTEN POPE, New York, NY December 2013 – Present
Host & Executive Producer
- Creator, host and executive producer of web talk show centered on social, cultural, lifestyle issues and current events.
- Writes script for each episode including a stand-up, one-on-one interview, panel conversation and staging the closing musical performance.
- Manages production team, scheduling, shoots, budgets and venues.
KTXS NEWS (ABC AFFILIATE), ABILENE, TX September 2012 – October 2013
Weekend/Education Reporter & Fill-in Anchor
- Pitches original and enterprising story ideas in daily editorial meeting.
- Writes, reports, shoots and edits daily turn packages for television broadcast and digital media.
- Fill-in night side producer responsible for managing breaking news, providing news judgment and overseeing the newscast.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with community leaders and sources.
FREELANCE JOURNALIST, New York, NY / Stamford, CT March 2005 – 2012
Freelance Reporter and Host
- Red carpet host for events including Thurgood Marshall Annual Scholarship Gala.
- Lead Reporter at special events including the National Action Network’s 20th Annual Convention.
- Shoots compelling video. Uses social media to research and/or publicize stories.
THE KING’S DAUGHTERS, INC., New York, NY May 2008 – Present
- Social organization that focuses on building character in women and practicing abstinence before marriage.
- Featured guest host and speaker at local churches, colleges and professional organizations.
- Features women contributors to share their stories of womanhood and sexuality on kristenlpope.com.
- Planned gala and raised $25,000 in ticket revenue, product donation and advertisement.
STARWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS WORLDWIDE, INC., White Plains, NY June 2005 – March 2006
Internal Communications Coordinator
- Wrote Starwood Hotel’s monthly, online, brand centric magazine, “Starwood Style,” comprised of 45-60 stories an issue.
- Performed technical duties including: formatting, posting and archiving content on the company’s intranet.
CHANNEL 47, CITY OF HAMPTON, New York, NY October 2004 – June 2005
Cable AV Coordinator
- Managed production tasks including: audio control board operator, floor director, set director, super operator, and tape operator for the channel’s live, bi-weekly City Council tapings
- Created and wrote long-format scripts and packages, segmented tapings, and field tapings.
VANGUARDE MEDIA, INC., New York, NY June 2003 – August 2003
Television Production Intern
- Coordinated production activities for the television pilot, “The Savoy Life” on the Fine Living Network.
- Event team organizer for the Audi Savoy Jazz unwrapped concert attended by 5,000.
HONORS & ASSOCIATIONS:
Sigma Delta Chi: Team Award: Breaking News Coverage
New York Association of Black Journalists: Awarded Best Television Documentary (2014)
New York Junior League Member (2013-Present)
National Association of Black Journalists: New York Chapter (2011-Present)
Souls of My Young Sisters: Young Women Break Their Silence with Personal Stories That Will Change Your Life: Contributor
National Online Spokesperson for Carolyn & Co (2007 – 2008)
EDIUS Pro, ibPublish, ENPS, P2 and SD Studio Camera System, MS Excel, MS, Word, MS Outlook
MEDIA BISTRO, New York, NY,2011
NYU – SCPS, New York, NY,2010
Acting: A Practical Approach
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY, Hampton, VA May 2005 The Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications
B.A. in Broadcast Journalism, May 2005, University and Department Honors. Dean’s List. GPA: 3.5